Re: fuel sender

To: miker15@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: fuel sender
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 18:22:42 EST
Mike,
    Just did mine about a month ago, and is one of the simplest MGB
jobs around.  If you look at the tank and the sender, you will see a
ring with a few little tangs of metal sticking up off it.  Take your
favorite BFH (I used my lead hammer) and a chisel and beat the ring
forwards.  The ring should budge, if not soak it in liquid wrench for
about a half hour.  Come back and whack away again.  The ring shoulc
jump off, and the sending unit and gasket will pull out.  When I
pulled mine to replace a leaky gasket, the list recommended changing
the ring also, which was sage advise.  When replacing the whole
thing, be sure to clean the area where the gasket mates with the tank
very well to avoid leakage!

Mike Lishego