Re: fuel sender replacement

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: fuel sender replacement
From: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:15:44 -0400 (EDT)
The fuel sender replacement was perhaps the easiest job on the whole car.  I
just replaced the one on my 74 B last Friday and it honestly took less than 5
minutes.

Need to have the gas tank near empty.  Without jacking the car you can easily
access the fuel sender by laying on the ground.  Remove the wires, turn the
locking ring  and remove the fuel sender.  The sender has tabs that locate the
fuel sender properly in the opening.  It can't be installed wrong.  Be sure the
gasket goes in first, then the fuel sender, and last the locking ring.

The locking ring can be stubborn the first time you remove it.  I had mine in
and out several times and now I can turn it with a screw driver wedged between
the tabs on the ring.  Once you free the locking ring you are home free.