gas tank cleaning

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: gas tank cleaning
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:50:53 -0400
Rick-

I'm just passing this along, no experience, no financial interest,
etc.......

Went to a local car show 2 weeks ago, & 1 of the venders restores gas
tanks. XJ6 tanks are a specialty, 2 tanks per car, they rust like crazy
& cost several hundred $'s each new. His process includes both an inner
& outer coating, lifetime warranty, shop by mail,& so on. I have a small
sample of the coatings on what looks like a part of a beer can, & they
seem very tough. A complete cleaning of the tan, inside & out is step
one.

Company is "Gas Tank Renu"  out of Detroit, Mi. with local franchises in
several areas. Try their e-mail for more info:
      www.loopersc.com

Let us know what you think if you do contact them.

Jim