Cooling System Test Findings

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cooling System Test Findings
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 16:46:31 -0500
Woohoo, No leaks, No runs, No errors on my cooling system resto and I found
a great back road for the test drive as well!
EXCEPT...
Now my temp guage reads somewhat higher than it did before. It runs up to
'N' pretty quick and stays there, creeping slightly above on the highway and
in traffic.
It IS pretty hot out there, but is this OK? I kinda assumed that getting the
rad cleaned out and putting in the correct seals and new hoses would get the
temp down!
I didn't touch the thermostat, and I went with approx. 60% water and 50%
coolant.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
TIA
Dan