Cooling System "Duh"s and MOWOGian tribulations

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cooling System "Duh"s and MOWOGian tribulations
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:49:22 -0500
Ok, so I don't have 110% fluid in my radiator, none has escaped yet anyway!
Now that I've read the owners manual in the Bentley...DUH! "N" stands for
"Normal", so I guess I'm "normal" hehe, although I'd still like a bit more
room for error. I'm going to order some Redline Water Wetter with my next
parts order and see if that helps. I'm not ready to go the electric fan
route just yet -- going to keep it as original as possible for now. :)
Also, folks, the "spongy" radiator seal that noone installs anymore? I found
out why -- opened the hood and found one half of it back by the distributor
where it had landed after slipping into the fan. Ha! I knew MOWOG would have
something for me! Live and learn, I guess.
Oh yes, and my clutch is starting to slip now...nothing serious yet, but
getting there. My bet is the drain hole on the bell housing isn't keeping up
with the rear main seal, I know the drysweep in my driveway sure isn't.
That engine's gonna have to come out sooner rather than later I'm
afraid...maybe I can coax it through the summer.
Damn, no birthdays or Christmases any time soon.
Cheers, I guess...stiff upper lip and all, whot?
Dan
73 B -- content but obviously not satisfied until she gets her motor pulled
(now I KNOW this car is female!)