My MGB got bent?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My MGB got bent?
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:08:46 EST
Hello all,
    This recent thread about rusted and sagging MGB's has gotten me
thinking...My doors have never aligned well, even when all the bolts
are loosened and the door pushed to the uppermost of it's travels -
with new hinges, I might add.  The PO replaced the rusty sills and
floors by welding in some new metal.  I wonder if he didn't weld them
in place without taking the proper precautions and the car
subsequently began to fold.  After the welding was done, the car
would be structurally sound once again, just slightly 'bent' in the
middle.
    How can I determine if this happened to my car?  If my car is
bent by the DPO's ignorance, what would be the best road to take?
My guess is to hammer the sill area flat so the doors don't scrape
when opened and live with misaligned chrome trim stips.  I know,
beyond the shadow of a doubt that the sills are metal, not bondo.  I
have had door fitting problems since I bought the car, and I wonder
if this has anything to do with it?

Mike Lishego