Voltage Stabilizer. Plus other Stuff

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voltage Stabilizer. Plus other Stuff
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 11:28:08 -0400
I've decided to replace the voltage stabilizer and see if it will cure my
intermittant gauge problems. It's gotten to be very silly now, hoping that
my dash and brake lights will work. Does anyone know if this is something I
can get from a local parts store (ie: is this a common part on cars??) or
something I must order from Moss?

Second, my B had started the irritating habit of leaking oil when the
engine is started. Something drips oil down on to my headers, which
produces a nice billowy smoke. After a while, when I start driving, it goes
away. I can't tell where the leak is, and only rarely will any oil actually
leak down to the ground - seems like most of it is vaporized on the headers.

My oil pressure is also lower than what I want. Hovers between 25-50 at
idle, 55 while driving. Normal?

I think I may just yank the engine, and either rebuild it, or replace it
with another.

Anyone's car grind into reverse as well?

As you can see, Joe Lucas has blessed me well... =)

BEN RUSET - http://members.home.com/bruset
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring  - http://members.home.com/mgbhaven