TD exhaust manifold/pipe gasket?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD exhaust manifold/pipe gasket?
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 11:56:48 +0000
Good folks,
Has anyone tried to use the MGA/MGB round steel gaskets that fit between
the bottom of the exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipe on a TD?
I must have replaced the triangular gasket about 8-10 times over the
years! Keeps blowing out in relatively short periods of time. Yes, both
surfaces seem flat. I just thought that having a round gasket like that
might help keep the gases contained and directed through the exhaust
system.
Any other thoughts?

Cheers, And still waiting for a new cam,
Dave Houser