Electrical Problem

To: MG Listserver <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electrical Problem
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 08:38:49 -0700
MG Listers,

Help...Got an unusual (to me, anyway) electrical problem, and could use
some advice.  Have noticed the ignition/charging warning light on my '68
MGB stays on, even after turning off the ignition switch.  Car has a  Lucas
16AC alternator and external regulator.  Disconnected and tested the
switch, which seems to be doing what it's supposed to.

The only wiring "bodge" I can see as a potential problem are the two wires
to the F and I terminals of the alternator--they may have been in a single
plug at one time, but now they have individual connectors on them, and
could have been connected the wrong way 'round.  Don't know if that would
account for the problem.  Can anyone provide a description of which wires
go to which terminals on a 16 AC?  I've never had another MG with an
alternator, and the manuals are rather vague, so this one is new to me.

Chris Attias
'68 MGB
'64 MGB