Re: Replacing Chrome Leaf springs with Rubber Leafs.

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Replacing Chrome Leaf springs with Rubber Leafs.
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:32:01 -0500
Andrew,
   I've been waiting for someone better in the know to answer you
on this one today, but so far no takers, so here goes my $0.02.
  One of the changes when the RBB design came along was an
increase in ride height to meet US Federal standards.  I'm not
sure, but I think it was on the order of 2 inches.  As far as I know
there isn't any reason you can't replace your springs with the RBB
springs, but you'll probably get an increase in ride height in the rear.
With no change in front suspension geometry this will probably
change your handleing characteristics, and you should be aware of
it.
   Some of the more knowledgable on the list may want to expand on
this.
FWIW
Harlan.