I may have found my problem

Subject: I may have found my problem
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:58:26 -0500
I was getting my B to spin on the starter with fuel and a spark.  A
timing light revealed that the spark was occurring nowhere near where it
should have.  I think I remember (it's been three weeks) the distributor
driving spindle coming out.  I didn't remove the cam but I did
remove/refit the timing gear.  I'm certain it's timed correctly;
#4cylinder valves are moving when #1cylinder valves are closed and
compression is felt from the plug hole.  The Haynes says the slot on the
spindle should be at two o'clock and it's more like five o'clock.  So,
how might one such as I get the spindle out with the engine in the car?
I haven't driven this car all summer, and I move in less than a month.
I REALLY want my B to go with me!!  Thanks.

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman