Radio star

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Radio star
From: Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 20:40:54 -0700
I'm back!! Miss me? :)  England was great.

Work is coming along well on the B, every week I do a few more things
here and there and its all starting to add up.  Today I replaced the
old rusty fuse box, the battery terminals, put in the radiator ties,
I'm rebuilding the front indicators right now. Oil cooler next week maybe.

I was on my back checking out what's behind the dash (scary.. wires cut,
electrical tape, duct tape *shudder* I'll be tracing each and every one)
trying to figure out why my "British Motor Corporation" radio doesn't work
(just can't live without AM you know)... anyway... from my wiring diagram
it looks like two brown wires go into one of those 4-connector deals and
then another wire goes out of that to a fuse to the radio.

Well, I've found the wire from the radio, but the fuse holder is missing and
the inline fuse things in the Moss/VB catalogues don't look anything like
this would be a part of.  In the wiring loom right behind the radio a whole
ton of wires come out, and lo and behold two brown wires are hanging loose
with their ends taped up.  So I'm wondering, are these the beasts?  Why
two brown (brown is unfused right) wires for the radio?  Current draw?

Oh yeah and I discovered the "fresh air vent" today.. the big plate and
handle that opens up to the air scoop between the wipers.  Sweet!

Cheers,
Skye

--
1966 MGB                GHN3L-70307