TD Piston Ring Needed

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Piston Ring Needed
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:22:48 -0500
I was putting my TD engine back together this past weekend with new rings
and pistons and a broke a ring in the process :-(.

Moss only sells these in sets for four pistons for $66, which is a lot to
pay just to replace one ring.  I haven't tried Abingdon Spares or Mike
O'Connor, yet, but I will tomorrow.  I'm fearful that they will also only
be able to supply sets.

Anyone got one laying about?  I need the second ring from the top of the
piston (a compression ring) on a four ring piston that is 0.040" over
standard.  Or got any ideas where I can get just one?

Please reply to me directly, as I am no longer on the MG's list (although
you can still find me on the T series list).

Thanks.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII