Terrible joke contest - longish

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Terrible joke contest - longish
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:21:03 EST
Well, if others can do it, so can I!  8-)  Here goes...

My ex girlfriend, right around Christmas, found a recipe for a
delicious hollandaise sauce.  I liked it too, but she liked that
sauce so much that everytime I saw here she was either making more or
drinking it straight!  (Needless to say, she spent more time with the
sauce than she did with me, hence our parting.)

Anyway, after a month or two of abusing this delectable sauce, she
started feeling some pain in her mouth.  She ignored it and continued
to relish in her fine hollandaise. After another month or two of pain;
actually, on Easter Sunday, she decided to see her dentist.

The dentist informed her that the hollandaise sauce had rotted her
teeth and she would have to have a plate built for her mouth to
retain a normal appearance.  She consulted with her insurance
company, and when she returned to the dentist, she began to negotiate
a deal to ger a plate for her mouth.

She said, "Well sir,I can only spend $400 for this plate, and the
rest will come out of my pocket.  What do you have in this price
range?"

The dentist looked at her and asked her a question.  "Are you
continuing to eat this hollandaise sauce that caused your condition?"

She looked at him sheepishly and replied, "Yes, why?"

"Well then," he continued,  "I recommend a chrome plate, given your
situation.  They start at about $1500."

"You know I can't afford that," she replied.  "Why would you suggest
it?"

The dentist gave her a subtle grin and answered, "You know, there's
no plate like chrome for the hollandaise."

Enjoy...

Mike Lishego