MG trivia quiz

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG trivia quiz
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:51:33 -0400
I was flipping through an old Moss Motoring issue from summer '93 and came
across a trivia quiz.  There was stuff in it not at all MG related, so I
just snipped most out and kept a few interesting (at least to me...) ones.

Answers are at the bottom.  No cheating.

1.  In what model year were the most MG's sold in the U.S.?  How many?
2.  What do most MG wire wheel knock-offs say on them?
3.  How many distinct and different engines were used in the MG body
between 1962 and 1979?
4.  What is the worlds largest car club?
5.  In what year did bitter rivals MG and Tr**mph find themselves under the
same corporate banner?
6. What do the letters "MG" stand for?
7. The first horseless carraiges in England had to be, by law, proceeded by
what?
8. Who is the real "Prince of Darkness"?
9. (You better know this one...) Why do the British drink wam beer?
10. On what occasion did the Rolls-Royce monogram change from red to black?
11. What large accessories firm is named after an English marque?

1.  The year was 1977.  The number was 34,794.
2. "UNDO"
3. Three.  The B series four, the C series six, and the Rover V8.
4. The MG Owners' Club.
5. 1968,  under British Leyland.
6. Morris Garages
7.  By day, a man carrying a red flag, and by night, a man carrying a lantern.
8.  Joseph Lucas, of course.
9.  Because their refridgerators are made by Lucas!
10. Upon the death of Sir Henry Royce.
11. MG Mitten

Hope you enjoyed it.
Dave Iwansky