Re: Center console question

To: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Center console question
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 18:45:55 EST
I find that the center console fitted to my 77B causes considerable
discomfort due to the hard plastic and sharp edges.  These tend to hit me in
the thigh.

I have a 400 mile (one way) drive to make in a couple of weeks.  Anyone have
a similar problem?  Anyone found a solution?  I have seen Mike Satur offers
leather/walnut consoles to match his dash boards.  I know Ian Pender
distributes Satur's stuff.  Does Ian have a website?  ANyone know the URL?

Chris

Chris,
    I had a similar problem, though not in a 'B.  Try to find some
black vinyl at your local fabric store and some thin foam padding.
Contact cement them to the edges of your console where it meets your
thigh.  It won't be an obvious change to the car unless you're judged
for concourse quality, but it should help to ease your pain...

Mike Lishego