re:body shop blues

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:body shop blues
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:59:59 -0500 (EST)
>Date: Tue, 14 Jul 98 11:05:23 -0700
>From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: Body shop blues
>
>On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:32:24 EDT, MGSMGBGT@aol.com wrote:
>
><SNIP>
>>I honestly believe many body people do not recognise orange peel
><SNIP>
>
>Could it be because virtually every new car comes with an orange peel
>finish?
>
>Joseph
>67 Roadster

You should try to do a partial repaint where you have to MATCH that factory
orange peel.  Insurance companies won't pay to paint more than just the
damaged panel.  If the finish comes out looking like glass, it will stick
out as if it had been painted the wrong color.  I've noticed that General
Motors products seem to have the worst orange peel, while the european
imports have almost none.
If you think it's bad now, just wait until these shops have to start using
water-based paints.

Calvin Krug