Re: Inspection Woes (Not really)

To: MGList <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Inspection Woes (Not really)
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:17:22 -0400
I was born and raised in NYC.

The last time I had my Nissan inspected,  the service
station who inspected my car wanted to charge me $65 to
re-weld my muffler's extension pipe to the short piece that
reaches to the cat.  THey claimed it had to be welded b/c
the pipe was too damaged to use a "U" clamp.  Instead, I
went home,  stuck the two pieces together, and secured them
with the clamp anyway.  15 minute total job.  Reinspection
was $10 at a different station.  That was 9 months ago and
it's still attached.  They just wanted the money.

On the other hand,  I went to a third service station to get
my midget inspected.  And between the midget, $20, and the
new honda accord in the next service bay,  the midget passed
emmissions with flying colors.  (They said it was only a
_little_ rich, anyway)

GO figure....

Mike

'78 Midget