Re: B Flywheel Lightening and Plans

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: B Flywheel Lightening and Plans
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 00:23:47 -0500
Dan Ray wrote:

> Peter Burgess mentions nothing about lightening the flywheel, but I'm happy
> that he likes the stock cam.
> Lindsay Porter's book does mention grinding the flywheel in one sentence.
>
> I'm interested to know everyone's thoughts on flywheel lightening for the B.

I think it is a great idea. The motor revs faster. Downside is that there will
seem to be less lower in torque. My C/GT lost 12 pounds in the flywheel by
dishing the front of the flywheel about 3/8's of an inch (remaining thickness
about 1/2 inch). Leave plenty of material around the ring gear unless you like
push starts.

Bob Allen, Kansas City