Alternator...

To: MGList <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alternator...
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:50:43 -0400
I think my alternator's shot.

I went to start my car yesterday, and the battery was dead.  I
jumped the car,  and it ran fine (after I disengaged the jumper
cables).  I drove it for an hour,  and let it idle afterwards for
10 minutes.  I went to start it 5 minutes later,  and the battery
was still completely dead.  All electrical items run w/o the
engine on enough to know that the battery ic connected.

Is there a different circuit that connects the battery to the
car, and that connects the battery to the alternator?  Or is it
that the alternator uses a different line to run the engine than
it does to charge the battery?

Mike

'78 MIdget