Re: Awful Jokes(OT)

To: kevins@khoral.com
Subject: Re: Awful Jokes(OT)
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:37:41 EDT
On Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:08:56 -0600 (MDT) Kevin Sullivan
<kevins@khoral.com> writes:
>On Fri, 17 Jul 1998 neil.cairns@virgin.net wrote:
>
>>            What is an OZ's idea of foreplay?
>>            " Brace yourself Shelia"
>
>Is Shelia a common name for sheep?
>
>> I'm not sure I should put in the USA one. It could cause another
>war.
>
>Do it!
>
>Kevin Sullivan

I agree with Kevin! - lets hear it! and for the enhancement of everyones
enjoyment
Neil, include a "key" to the slang.... just to get it going
Pom - used by Aussies and Seyeuth Efricins as a semi-derisive term for
persons from England (not sure if it applies to Scots, Taffys, Micks etc!
with whom they feel a greater affinity. its a diminutive of
"pommiebastard" which much like "damnyankee" in the souther USA is in
fact one word!!
Sheilas - just as all men in OZ are "Bruce" (remember Monty Python??) all
women are "Sheilas" - as in "Ahm feelin a bit crook Bruce but i could
still roger wunna dem Sheilas!"

Any clearer?? hehe

mike robson
69 roadster