Re: NO LBC / Need VW advice

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: NO LBC / Need VW advice
From: "Russell T. Neyhart" <vwruss@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 22:17:37 -0400
Hi Nory,
  The model your brother is looking at is a Cabriolet, which is only a fancy
name for the Rabbit Convertible.  As far as the speedometer goes, they are
not that expensive to replace (nor are they that hard to replace).  The
replacement speedo. will have to come from a 1981-1984 Jetta, or 1981-1993
Rabbit Convertible/Cabriolet.  Ones out of other German-produced cars
(Quantum, late Scirocco) may be too wide.  Also, American-produced units
(1981-1984 Rabbit and Pickup) will not work as they bolt up differently.  He
can get a nice stainless steel exhaust, and a cat., from Techtonics Tuning
for a reasonable price.  They may even have a manifold as well.  I have had
many, many Volkswagens and Audis, close to 30(!) (hence the e-mail
address).  I even had a '81 Rabbit Convertible that I bought for $600.00,
spent $400.00 on and had a great time with.  I also have enough reference
material, should my memory be a bit foggy :-) .  I've the Bentley, Haynes,
and "How to Keep Your VW Alive" (Water-Cooled) books.  Feel free to have him
e-mail me privately about any questions, idiosyncrasies, etc... about the
car.
Russ

Russell T. Neyhart
Manassas, Virginia