Re: Pollution Standards and alternatives

To: Nory@webtv.net (Nory), hdrsons@iamerica.net (Hal Rogers)
Subject: Re: Pollution Standards and alternatives
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:22:46 -0500
Around here, the choking comes from the city-owned transit system: VIA. The
fleet is diesel and exhaust vents under the left rear of the offending bus.

I "foolishly" called VIA and asked about that type of pollution. "Oh, that
particulate is not carcinogenic," was the reply. I was on the phone for
almost two hours. The spokesman talked in perfect circles. He had no time
for logic. [BTW, RJ Reynolds gave me some very different stats on that
particulate!]

Frankly, if the city can't get its house in order, and the big trucks are
"immune" from ANY standards I have a hard time giving serious consideration
to what my vehicles do... and they "don't" anyway...

While I'm ranting.... next time you're near a major highway construction
site, expecially in a city, notice the trucks puffing away on said sites.
Federal, state, and local funds are paying to pollute the air.

Thank you. I'll drive my cars. As is.

Carol

At 12:01 PM 7/16/98 -0400, Nory wrote:
>What bugs me is when I have to choke on the smoke coming from 18
>wheelers, because they don't have to meet these pollution standards!
>And don't even ask me about airplanes!
>
>-NORY
>
>Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
>ONLY problem.
>
> '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
> '74 Midget & '71 parts car
> '94 Ford Ranger
> '86 Ford Escort
> '89 Ford Probe
> '96 North American Shepherd
> '94 Tigger Cat/Wheel Chock
> '98 as yet nameless white cat (Yes!     Another wheel chock!)
>
>Car pages and other stuff:
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9101
>
>Home Improvement Homepage:
>http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nory
>
>NEW Legal / Law Enforcement Page:
>http://members.tripod.com/~nory

...now running Windows '98, better known as "MacIntosh '87 "