Re: speedo cable 77b

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: speedo cable 77b
From: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:41:00 -0400
Thomas,
Thanks for the advice. Any suggestions as to how often this should be
done? Is this preventive maintenance? Or should this be done when I put
the car away for the winter?
Andy 77b
 ----------
From: Thomas James Pokrefke, III
To: Proudfoot, Andrew
Cc: mgs
Subject: Re: speedo cable
Date: Sunday, July 19, 1998 9:27PM

I'll have to keep this short:  my girlfriend is sitting impatiently next
to me.  To clean the speedo cable, follow these steps:

1.  Slide the inner cable out of the outer casing
2.  Spray brake cleaner profusely down the outer casing
3.  Steal a ziploc sandwich bag and cut the corner off of it.  Slide the
outer casing up through the hole, and tape the bag to the cable.
4.  Nail the bag to your garage wall.
5.  Fill the bag with 10W-30 oil.

Duty beckons...
Thomas James Pokrefke, III