Proposed use for the ashtray...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Proposed use for the ashtray...
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:58:22 +0200
Dan Ray commented recently that he was waiting for someone to convert an
ashtray into a cupholder...

How about a radio control?

I don't really want to put a radio into my B's dashboard -
that makes the car vulnerable to theft (of the radio, at least...).

How about that nowadays almost always unused ashtray?
Controls inside, flatcable towards the under the dash radio...
perfectly invisible!

Who, oh who wants to design something like this?

I'm an electrical engineer by education and also a ham radio operator, so I
could
definitely do it myself, but, alas, I don't have the time.

Anyone else?

Bert