Brake re-build fun.

To: "mgs" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake re-build fun.
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:41:09 -0500
Hi All,
    Well I've just had my first taste of the joys of re-building 'B' brakes.
It probably would have been OK, except you know how PO's have
been known to through kinks in the works.
   The front was no problem, redo the calipers, replace the hoses, replace
the rotors, done deal.  My thoughts were this is a snap.  Started on the
rear, passenger side first so I could replace that hose.  Cleaned everything
up, re-built the slave, no problem, went back together in a snap ( well
sort of, you know that jesus clip...).
   Last but not least, the drivers rear.  Pull out the slave, take it apart
and
clean it up.  Not in bad shape, no pitting or anything, and start to put in
the
seals.  Wrong size....  Did they send the wrong kit?  After checking, no,
the same kit as the other side.  What's up?  No problem,  I wisely had order
a new slave along with two rebuild kits, so just install the new slave.
Nope....   doesn't fit.  The alignment pin is in the wrong position.  After
compareing the new slave to the old one, guess what?  The old one is the
smaller slave for a roadster,  the car is a GT.  The PO had replaced the
backing plate and slave with those from a roadster.
   I guess its time to order the works for that side, a get it right.
Sometimes
things just seem to be going too smooth to be true, and sure enough.....

Oh well
Harlan.