California roads

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: California roads
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 06:59:11 -0700
Lane Rollins said:

>>In Nor. Cal. another great drive is Bennet Valley Road from Sonoma to
>>Santa Rosa.

>Stumbled upon that one when I was in Santa Rosa, it's a great drive but
>they could stand to repave about all the roads in California.

You got that right - a few weeks ago, my wife and I took a trip to Reno
NV (from Sacramento, over the Donner Pass).  I told her you will be able
to tell when we get back into California, because the road will get
lousy.  Sure enough, as soon as we passed the State Line, it was back to
rough concrete and potholes. We had the Camry at the time - the BGT V-8
would have been a real boneshaker.

California has a 4 BILLION dollar revenue surplus right now, and our
state budget is now 23 days overdue as the stumblebums in Sacramento try
to decide what to do with it.  I say PUT IT INTO THE ROADS, but that
isn't even a consideration!  Too many welfare and diversity programs to
fund, I guess.

Grumpily,
Paul Kile
1974 MGB-GT V-8