IT RUNS!!!!!!

Subject: IT RUNS!!!!!!
From: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:46:57 -0500
Quite decently, might I add.  Okay, you all know that my B hasn't worked all
summer.  It's finally running now.  I *still* don't have the tranny mount
bolted on, or the o'd wiring done.  Too hard to get to and I was thinking
that if I got it running (the fun, challenging part), that would motivate me
to do the not fun part.

So, here's my situ now.  I set the timing to what it was before (14deg BTDC
@ 600rpms).  That's set now.  There are no induction leaks anywhere; those
are all solved.  It idles at 850 rpms.  It sounds like it's idling
'unevenly' though.  Like a putt putt sound.  The valves are most likely my
problem.

I got the engine sortof warm tonight and didn't want to adjust the valves
warm.  I think it's like .013" warm and I know i'ts .015" cold.  So I'll
wait until it's completely cooled off to adjst them.  That should even it
out.

I read on the list a little info about timing chain / tensioner.  Would the
cam timing being off a complete tooth cause my problem?  The car starts on
the first spin and runs pretty much like it did before.  It will rev also,
so I'm doubting I have the cam timing off.  No backfiring or sputtering or
odd noises, just a bit rough-running.

I haven't touched the mixture.
I'm moving to school in 3 weeks and my B has to go with me.  It's time to
get busy!!

Tyson Sherman
<http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/>