Shades of HoYO

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shades of HoYO
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@bigun.c-gate.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:40:57 -0500 (CDT)
I was lucky enough to get to spend this week in New Orleans.  I'll save my
stories of revelery and debauchery for another day, but I did see someone
towing a yellow MGA north on Hwy 59 Tuesday morning.  If the car belongs
to a lister, let me be the first to tell you that it was the most
beautiful MGA I've ever seen.

The fellow with the 70 MGB and rear universal joints that are about to
expire reminded me of myslef about 2.5 years ago.  At that time, the MGB
was my sole transportation, and I was driving home after work on Christmas
Eve to spend time with my family.  It was about 9pm, and I, of course, had
the top down.

I began to hear the metallic scrunching sound and stopped at the only open
gas station in Magee, Mississippi.  I didn;t think I would be able to make
it home, so I called my Father to perform an emergency pick up.  Nobody
was home, so I jacked up the rear end of the car, shot about 20 pumps of
grease into the U-Joint, and slowly drove the remaining 100 miles
home. A little Preventive Maintenance goes a long way.

BTW - Any one heard from HoYo (Howard Young) lately?

THomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB