Crash Science on TLC (No MGC)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crash Science on TLC (No MGC)
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 20:25:42 EST
Howdy,
    Did anyone catch the Crash Science show on TLC last nite?  I
guess they've been running a series about crashing cars, how they're
made safer, etc.  Last nite they showed footage from the fifties from
CA's Motor Safety commission or whatever it's called.  Anyway, they
were testing different types of barriers that run down the middle of
roads to prevent head-on collisions.  In one test, they shot a TR-3A
(or some similar Triumph) into the median!  Of course, the car hit
funny and went airborne, no doubt chewing the car to hell.  I thought
it was quite nice to see something of good taste on TV nowadays.
8-)
Stay cool!

Mike Lishego