RE: strange noises

To: "Dan Pockrus" <dpockrus@efficient.com>, "'h m'" <mg1970@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: strange noises
From: Jim Sharp <jimsharp@ipa.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 98 20:51:53 -0500
>I'll describe the symptoms and perhaps someone can figure out what's
>> going on. I keep hearing a 'klunk' from the rear of the car
>> when the car
>> is moving and I press the clutch. Actually there are two 'klunks'. One
>
>> when I press the clutch and the car is coasting and once when
>> the gear is
>> engaged. I also hear the same noise if I briefly take my foot off the
>> gas while I'm accelerating and then press is again after a moment.
>> Strange thing is that the sound gets worse sometimes and then
>> goes away
>> by itself for a day or so and then starts again.
>>
>> I don't know it this is enough to go on but I'll appreciate any

Also check the u-bolts that attatch the rear axle to the rear leaf
springs. If they are loose it will cause the noise that you describe. A
good way to check this is to put the car in gear and have some one push
on the car back and forth while you watch the rear axle. It will move up
and down. This happened on my bgt.

Jim Sharp