Re: MG's & Landcrabs

To: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Subject: Re: MG's & Landcrabs
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 17:18:10 +0000
neil.cairns@virgin.net wrote:

> Also, a bigger version of the Landcrab was the Austin
> Ambassador, that used the same 18H engine, and a six cylinder version of
> the 'E' series ohc, ( and not the 'C' series as in the MGC.)

Originally the Austin Princess with 1600cc (I think) and the 2200 six which I
had, the Ambassador was a face-lift, in the UK at least.  I would have said the
Princess was smaller than the 1800 (Landcrab), but have no figures.  I only
remember that Taxi firms saying they loved the 1800 because of its enormous
rear
leg room, certainly more than the Princess, which was still good.  Who's cars
were
'better' is a moot point.  Leyland (or what ever they were called at the time)
were suffering from terrible public relations at the time and for many years.
always had excellent service from my BMC etc cars, far better than a new Sierra
(company choice, not mine) some years later.

PaulH.