Re: Glue removal

To: JWidell625@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Glue removal
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:16:05 EST
Does anyone have a safe method of removing decal glue from painted surfaces?
I've tried a few methods, and have had acetone and paint thinner recommended,
but I don't have the stones to try in on my 77 B's paint without some "expert"
advice from the list. Any Suggestions?
(too hot to drive her, waiting till late October)

Joel Widell

Joel,
    There's a product out there that sprays on in a foam that should
do the trick.  You let this stuff gel, then you scrape the whole mess
off with a squeegee.  I dunno what it's called, but I used it to
remove some bumper stickers from my truck when I bought it, without
permanent damage to the paint, though it did need a good waxing when
it was through!  Anyone know the name of this stuff and if it's still
available?

Mike Lishego