Re: not good

To: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>,
Subject: Re: not good
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:16:53 -0700
Have you checked compression? Could be a warped valve.
During a drive from San Diego to Phoenix on fine July day in my '78 B, the
car suddenly started idling on three cylinders.  Ran OK at higher RPM.
Compression check showed 1,3 and 4 high and equal, 2 low.  Pulled the head
and sure enough, the exhaust valve in cyl 2 was warped and heated a nasty
blue-black color.  Installed one new valve, ran great.

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB with half plumbed and wired SD1 V8
Los Angeles