Re: Good Vendors (WAS:Re: British Miles_

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Good Vendors (WAS:Re: British Miles_
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:48:53 EST
For those looking for good vendors, I can't speak more highly about anyone
besides George Merryweather at Classic Restorations in Texas. He's always been
quick to answer my question, has *never* sent me the wrong part, has always
been able to get a good deal for me, etc.

Even if his price was a few dollars more than another vendor, I would still
buy
from him. He's a person that you can trust - and that's important when you're
buying parts from someone mail-order.

Ben's absolutely right.  I've had parts from Moss on my doorstep two
days later - and a lot cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.  George
even beats prices on a lot of items carried at my local auto parts
stores!  He's even good enough to warn you before you buy something
that may not work for your car.  Case in point - I needed tubes for
my new wire wheels.  Before placing the order, George made sure that I
wasn't trying to cross radial tubes with bias tires for my own
safety and the safety of my car.  How many other places or people
would do this?

And one more thing - maybe I'm just young and don't know good chrome
from bad chrome, but Moss' chrome parts haven't been that bad.  As a
matter of fact, I don't know what folks are talking about.  Maybe
it's because I wasn't born in the days of 100lb chrome bumpers.
Either way, Moss' chrome parts that I've recieved for my 'B seem to
be just as nice, if not better than the chrome bumpers on my parent's
'93 Blazer.  But I digress...

Go with George if you need anything.  His service is absolutely
stellar in all respects.  BTW, I don't get any special discounts or
anything for saying this stuff, I'm just a very satisfied customer...

Mike Lishego