Minor madness

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Minor madness
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 14:01:34 -0500
        All this talk of Morris Minors today reminded me of my
slightly-whacked older brother, who happened upon a 1959 Morris Minor
Traveller panel sitting out in the middle of a farmer's field about
twenty years ago. I went out with him to pull in back to my eldest
brother's garage (a small-town mechanic by trade). He went digging
around and found a 1275 out of an early 60's Healey, and topped that off
with a Judson supercharger. Only one problem - the transmission in his
donor Healey was toast, so he was stuck with the original Morris tranny.
It took off and accelerated like a rocket - but thanks to the
outrageously tall gearing in the Morris tranny, the top speed was only
about 50 mph.

Dan Pockrus
Systems Integration Engineer
Efficient Networks, Inc.