IT PASSED!!!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: IT PASSED!!!!
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 20:24:51 -0700
Hey All.
IT PASSED SMOG2!!!YIPPEE!!!

I took it down to a smog guy who has some brains,he said he was a had
been a Jag and Triumph mechanic so knew the B.I didn't even see him do a
visual he just put it on
the dyno and said it passes and I was on my way!the colortune worked the
figures are as follows

at 15 mph  HC max 240 mine 75  CO% max 1.41 mine 0.35

at 25 mph  HC max 190 mine 57  CO% max 1.21 mine 0.43

NO wasn't required yet but mine was at 15 mph 617PPM and 25 mph 610PPM
so I don't know if would have passed the NOX
and this is with an empty CAT!!
He told me that NOX is temperature related and older cars may pass
easier because they run cooler I'm running a 160 thermostat.
I also changed the oil and filter and put in Texaco clean3 premium gas
so I lucked out this time so I'm good to go for 2 more years!

Whew!!
Pat