Re: Rear wheel drum--very stuck

To: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel drum--very stuck
From: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:56:49 +0100
Hi Everyone:

The most likely cause of this stuck brake drum problem is the shoes
themselves. Last year I had to grind the heels of the brake shoes to fit
the drum. I guess there are inferior aftermarket shoes. Some of our club
members had the same problem. I recently replace the entire banjo axle
on my 67B with brand new Lockheed brake shoes. There is a significant
difference. I also matched the aftermarket shoes to a set of 30 year old
shoes, the aftermarket are significantly longer. Also it is quite
possible that these shoes should be "arc'd" to the drum contour; but I
don't know it this process is still being performed by auto parts
store's.

                                Thanks: Rich Boris, MG Car Club-Long Island
Centre