Re: Midget hood is stuck

To: jvr@pclink.com
Subject: Re: Midget hood is stuck
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 03:39:17 -0400
jvr@pclink.com wrote:

> HI,
>
> Any thoughts about how to release the primary hood  lock on a 77
> Midget?  If I pull any harder on the hood release cable it will surly
> snap.

  What happens when you try? Just a stuck cable? Can you
sort of gauge whether the cable is stuck or the cable is
free and the latch is stuck?

  I'd try to get some penetrating oil sprayed in at the
latch, then try again later.

  If the cable breaks, you are kind of in a world
of hurt. I had to do this job on my chrome B, and it
took a bit of swearing and poking around with a stiff
wire. When I got it open, I went to see how I would
do the same job on my rubber Midget and was completely
at a loss. You just really don't HAVE access to that
spot in the car.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/