67 MGB running hot (I think)

Subject: 67 MGB running hot (I think)
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 98 21:20:53 -0700
The thermometer reached near 100 today and while driving from San
Francisco north on route 101, the temperature gauge was about 200 all the
way. Even though I was cruising at 55 mph. Around town, it usually runs
around 160 to 190, depending on the fog and traffic.  I have an oil
cooler, standard radiator (without a shroud), 160 degree thermostat, no
overflow tank, 50-50 antifreeze mix and three bladed fan. Is my car
runnning hot? Is there an easy way to make it run cooler, like changing
the antifreeze mix? I plan on getting one of those shrouds, but I'm
moving soon and expect the new house to seriously eat into my MG time for
the next few months. Thanks in advance.

Joseph
67 Roadster
or should I say roaster?