good shops

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: good shops
From: Charles N Horton <carolus@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 09:23:17 EDT
>And all I think it really needs is that throttle switch and gasket. Who do
>we trust anymore?

Used to be a great place up in Mass called Custom Automotive, who started
out as a full-custom street rod shop but ended up taking "ordinary" cars
to pay the rent. Having designed and assembled some dead-serious stuff
themselves (I saw a Chevy pickup with a 50 inch lift -- among other things)
they didn't even bat an eye at the V8 Landcruiser.

Labor to replace the entire transmission and clutch, including synthetic
oil, came to $218.

They don't answer the phone where they used to be, and I haven't found out
if they're still around. Man, would I love to think they moved to Boston :)

Charles.