Re: front susp. rebuild was: '70 MGB GT - Front Hubs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: front susp. rebuild was: '70 MGB GT - Front Hubs
From: Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 16:25:57 -0700
Word on the street is that Gary Davis said:
> Renewed the front suspension/coils/dampers over the weekend.  Not as
> difficult as I thought it would be; however, a few old bolts, etc. were a
> bitch to remove.  Hammered one like hell - another had to be cut.  But
> everything's back together now.

I'm going to do this myself, hopefully later this month.

Question... how do you know if your dampers need to be rebuilt, or if
they just need some errr fork oil?  Top them up and see if they dampen
any better (bounce test)?

Skye

--
1966 MGB                GHN3L-70307                 __,__\__   zoooom!
The MGB Experience      http://www.mgb.bc.ca/      (_o____o_)  (thanks Ulix)