Re: FW: 1961 Austin Cambridge

To: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: FW: 1961 Austin Cambridge
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 17:00:40 -0700
Phil Vanner wrote:

> This came up on the spridget list. If anyone is interested reply to Alan.
>
> Phil Vanner
> Mk1 Midget

If it is an Austin A55 Mk2 Cambridge, made from 1959 to 1961, it is
virtually identical to the Mk3 MG Magnette. But with single SU carb, and
a 4.55 rear axle. The engine is similar to the 1489cc MGA 1500, not the
Midget. If the engine number starts '15AMW-H-U.....' its an Austin, if
it starts '15GE-H-U...' its a Mk3 Magnette, if its '16AMW etc, then its
a Austin A60, 1622cc, made from mid 1961.

Value in the UK if in good condition, £2700, poor condition, £200. ( £1
is $1.60 approx.)

Neil