Re: Post '74 MGB heads

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Post '74 MGB heads
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:02:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/98 10:18:08 PM !!!First Boot!!!, jroverca@tiac.net
writes:

> I was under the impression there was no change in the head.  The market for
>  hardened valve seats and valves grew from that.  Remember that leaded
>  regular gasoline was still avaialable in the US until the mid 80's at least
>  I was still purchasing it in Texas!

According to MG World magazine, Californian MG's from 1974 had the entire
cylinder head made out of hardened steel! If this is true, I'd like to have
one of these. No more head cracks!

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336