Watch out for/no LBC content

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Watch out for/no LBC content
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:38:49 -0500
I learned to tune up cars because my wife's Beetle always ran poorer after
coming back from their recommended routine maintenance. What convince my is
checking the point gap after service, and finding virtually no clearance.
The VW was a snap to work on, static timing and the distributor right in
back. I figured when the vales got noisy I would take it back to VW. I never
did. I also replaced the muffler which was also the (no) heat exchanger. It
had numerous tubes sticking out of it. There was much cursing until I took a
hammer and beat the S*** out of it to get the tubes aligned. That was in the
good old days when I was a teacher and got home early afternoon.

I had a service call on my refrigerator years ago. The service man suggested
all sorts of parts it needed. Fine I said, and pulled out a service
contract. SURPRISE, he managed to fix it without all those costly parts!

"For the wickedness of the world is such that you have to keep running to
keep your legs from being stolen". Misquoted from Bertolt Brecht's
Threepenny Opera.

Jack