Re: Fiberglass Springs

To: "Chris Attias" <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>,
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Springs
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:52:08 -0400
I just put stock 7 leaf GT springs on my 73 GT two
days ago....
the rear wheel arch use to cover the top 1.5
inches of the rear tire. Measuring from the chrome
strip to the wheel centers the front and rear ride
height was within 0.25 inches of each other.
the rear tire top is now a full 0.5 inches below
the arch. If you put these 7 leaf'ers on a
roadster I am sure it will look like its jacked in
the back, plus they are much stiffer than the old
springs. I must admit though... after test driving
this new attitude the steering is much more
neutral than it was before. The height added at
the rear apparently is enough to move the king
pins to a more vertical position up front,
contributing to lighter steering.