Re: B ign.lite on

To: "Peter" <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: B ign.lite on
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 01:40:32 -0400
DOH!

I've pulled the battery while the car is running several times in the past
few days!  The car doesn't have it's own battery yet, so to move it I would
get a jump from a nearby vehicle, start the car, disconnect the cables, then
move the vehicle to it's intended site.  The more I think about it, I
realize that the last time or so the car would die when the battery cables
were disconnected!  I had been told (By a FOAF* who was a mechanic) that the
battery could be disconnected to test the alternator, as long as the battery
was not re-connected while the car was running...I guess I now have
quantitative proof to prove otherwise!

Thanks for the tip - I will now change my ways!  BTW, I'm forwarding this
message to the list so no one else makes the same mistake...

*FOAF - Friend Of A Friend

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/