Re: Cheque(sp?) Book Restorations

To: Pat Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>, Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Cheque(sp?) Book Restorations
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 20:08:44 -0500
Speaking of SB42..... I saw Quentin Kopp on some news program yesterday.
Neat guy, and a good one (it seems) for you Californians to have in your
corner.

This particular bit had to do with a 12-year-old  girl turning up some
cheater-meters (parking meters that run WAY off the mark). Appears that
California has testers for just about everything else, but had no
regulations over cheater meters... This girl's mom got a ticket. She did a
first-class study on the problem and even got to present the case to the
state legislature.

Interesting piece... interesting man, too, that Mr. Kopp.... When I wrote
him on SB42 (I live in Texas and told him so) he even took time (or had his
staff take time) to write back and addressed the points that I had written!

Carol

At 05:32 PM 8/9/98 -0800, Pat Bailey wrote:

>Yeah but THESE guys also yield power and can influence the powers that be
to help us all,
>I like having the rich and powerful on our side for a change we should
give them an earfull (as I did Jay Leno last
>year about SB42)any chance we can who knows the guy you are talking to my
be buds with the governor!
>Pat

AMEN!!