Re: mgb STUPID ME!!!

To: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: mgb STUPID ME!!!
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 07:27:30 -0700
Tyson Sherman wrote:

> Okay, I'm not going to say what was wrong with my B.  Too embarassed.  I
> had #2 and #3 plug wires crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it runs very
> smoothly!!!  Loves to rev and sounds really cool too.
>
> Off to finish what I must do to drive it in less than 24 hours!!
>
> Tyson

BUT you found the fault!!!!!!

I have been mucking about with cars since the late 1950's, and I recon
we all run on a 5 year cycle; ie every five years we re-learn something
we did five years ago.

My 5 year cock-up is ALWAYS putting the distributor rotor arm on
something like the battery, for safety. Then forgetting it, and later
spending ages try to get an engine to start.

You simply would not belive the number of times I have done that.

Neil