Re: High Volume Oil Pump

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: High Volume Oil Pump
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:39:46 -0700

Barney Gaylord wrote:

>In a word, no.  (I am now putting on my asbestos suit.)

Yep, one of those things that a lot of folks (of the armchair
variety) will yell and scream about, but a "high flow" pump
is not a good investment.  I'm sure Barney's web page has
great info on flow vs pressure and flow in an engine.  There's
also an interesting article on such in the latest copy of
Sports Car.  (The SCCA mag)

I didn't catch what car was being discussed, and I can only
speak from autocrossing experience with a 'B, but for the
money the best oil system mod to an LBC is some sort
of oil sump baffling.  At 19 I learned that the hard way
when hard cornering forces = no oil pressure = dead cam
in my 'B.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/